Small Animal Tiles:
- a tool linking the instrument with the musical score
- 56 different images of the 7 animals
- interesting and fun for children
- enough to cover a full size piano keyboard plus some extra
- physically putting tiles onto the keyboard teaches how notation works
- best used together with the coloured staves
- back of tile black, so can be turned over on staves concealing animal
- used for teaching reading at an early age
- good for composition, finger exercises and ear-training
Small Animal Tiles can be purchased together with Coloured Staves at a 15% discount.
These tiles are very useful when working with the Dogs and Birds Series - I would highly recommend them as they can be used in many different games / exercises, as well as alongside the songs in the book. My young piano students love them!
These tiles are very high quality. They work better than slips of paper because they're thick enough not to fall between the keys of the piano. The pictures are teeny tiny but my students love when they can tell me what they can see when I can't :) They are perfectly sized to fit ON a piano key - thus a child can have the animal "play" the note by pressing directly on the tile and onto the key. Though I have not used the tiles with the Dog and Bird program, I've found several other uses for them. The children are remembering the letter names of the piano keys suddenly a lot better because of these animals tiles. The plastic bag that the tiles come in is nice and thick, too. Very sturdy.