This systematic, Kodály-influenced approach uses excellent familiar folk and classical material which my students truly loved.
Karen Marshall, Music Teacher magazine
Dogs and Birds: Nursery Rhymes and Famous Melodies (Blank Notes Edition):
- contains 23 popular melodies, providing fun for all the family
- includes Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Happy Birthday to You, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Für Elise
- a more advanced version of the Nursery Rhyme/Famous Melodies book.
- can be started after finishing Book 1.
- can be used in parallel with Book 2.
- material is the same as in the animal version but here the note-heads are conventional.
- does not use colour to distinguish between right and left.
Full List of Pieces in the Book:
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Hot Cross Buns
- One, Two, Three, Four, Five
- London’s Burning
- Frère Jacques
- William Tell
- Westminster Chimes
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Yankee Doodle
- Sur le Pont d’Avignon
- Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
- The Grand Old Duke of York
- Ode to Joy
- Happy Birthday to You
- New World Symphony
- Surprise Symphony
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Für Elise
- Minuet in G
- My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean
- When the Saints Go Marching In
Download pdf of sample pages: Nursery Rhyme/Famous Melodies (Blank Notes Edition)
There is an animal notes edition of Nursery Rhymes and Famous Melodies which:
- is best used together with the blank notes edition
- contains the same material but with animal symbols printed in every note-head
- can be purchased with the animal notes edition at a discount
- 52 pages
- Product Dimensions:
- 30.5 x 22.9 x 0.6 cm
My very young students really enjoy the Dogs and Birds lessons. They had also been very pleased to be able to work out some of the more familiar tunes in the Nursery Rhymes and Famous Melodies book without my help. It's given them a feeling that they can play pieces that they already know, not just learning everything new from the tutor books.
My 4yo was delighted when this arrived and started the first one straight away on his own. He loves the pictures, the layout is clear, and follows the format of the method books with rhythm exercises to support the learning experience. Brilliant way to introduce quavers, as we are towards the end of Bk 1 now. This whole series is excellent, very engaging. As a pro musician this method has proved itself to me and although I don't teach piano it has reinvigorated my own instrumental teaching. I highly recommend it.
We're loving this! The range of well-known tunes is great, in lovely simple, effective arrangements. My 5-year-old son enjoys playing tunes he recognises, and I'm looking forward to him trying some of the less familiar ones. As with all of these books, the presentation is beautiful - clear, colourful and slightly quirky.